Monday 26 May 2008

The National - Virginia EP/DVD

Loathe as I am to criticise my bessy band, and whilst its good to have summat 'new' to clutch to my bosom, I am still feeling a little let down. The EP is mostly stuff available elsewhere no matter how welcome (especially the live About Today - hence the vid link) but the DVD is just too smart ass arty for my tastes - Mr Moon and his hand held, washed out and fuzzy camera work ... sigh

Hey Ho they are still the band that is consistently on play for me with tracks that continue to reveal new layers with repeated plays. After much anticipation we saw them in Bristol earlier this year and they blew me away, and with a bit of luck they might do something similar in Birmingham in a few weeks as part of what seems their never-ending summer tour of festivals and ocassional gigs

No comments: